- What is your name, location, and company/work/farm background?
My name is Kevin Anderson, and I am the FarmRx Site Specific Ag Director at NuWay-K&H Cooperative in Trimont, Minnesota. I have worked at NuWay for 16 years. I started in Precision Ag in February 1997 working with some of the first commercially available yield files. I have a degree in Geography from Minnesota State University in Mankato and have learned a lot about Agronomy in my 22 years of working in this field.
- What do you specialize in?
I specialize in data management and data utilization in farming and agricultural businesses.
- What is your philosophy in Agriculture?
Every acre is different.
- What is your favorite piece (hardware or software) of AgTech today?
- With all the new things in Ag what are you the most bullish on? Bearish on?
I am most bullish on models and the use of models like Adapt-N work very well, but the data that is entered into the model is as important as the data coming out of the model. I am also excited about the opportunities of autonomous applications of products in a field. I also think that IOT devices that collect and transmit data like Terralytic or Arable probes will be useful. I am bearish on imagery as a sole source of data and how it is sold to growers as a ‘game changer’ makes me look away from those types of companies.
- What do you like about IN10T?
IN10T gives me an opportunity to bring new products along with a revenue opportunity to the growers I work with.